The Landfill Miner Guide
More background and information can be found in the Landfill Miner Guide. In this guide the RAWFILL partners share their experience-based insights and explain how to conduct a landfill mining project from start to finish. The guide covers how to plan a landfill mining project, how to assess its economic viability and how to execute such a project. The guide contains the following chapters:
- The concept of landfill mining;
- The legal framework and perspectives;
- Geophysical imaging;
- Sampling and analysis of waste;
- How to organise the data of a landfill using the ELIF framework;
- The use of decision support tools;
- Tips on what to look out for during the operation;
- How to valorise waste; and,
- How to manage stakeholders.
The information is accompanied by six case studies of completed or ongoing landfill mining projects in Europe.
Booklet on the valorisation potential of landfills (examples from Flanders)
- Stationsstraat 110
Route and accessibility
- +32 15 284 284