More background and information can be found in the Landfill Miner Guide. In this guide the RAWFILL partners share their experience-based insights and explain how to conduct a landfill mining project from start to finish. The guide covers how to plan a landfill mining project, how to assess its economic viability and how to execute such a project. The guide contains the following chapters:
- The concept of landfill mining;
- The legal framework and perspectives;
- Geophysical imaging;
- Sampling and analysis of waste;
- How to organise the data of a landfill using the ELIF framework;
- The use of decision support tools;
- Tips on what to look out for during the operation;
- How to valorise waste; and,
- How to manage stakeholders.
The information is accompanied by six case studies of completed or ongoing landfill mining projects in Europe.